Monday, August 23, 2010




 A recent mini-reunion in April of 2010.






The people in the picture beginning in the left corner, all you see of Joan Pettavino is her hair (ha!), then Joyce, Dennis Carlson, Dave Noren, Marie Buti, Marlene Walko, Judy Riley, LinLou Scalia.

Much Thanks,

Julie Marschand



___


Dave was the nicest combination of endearing traits. He was wicked funny, thoughtful and a true friend. The thing I think I will miss most here on the Yahoo site is Dave's near perfect memory of names and places from our youth.

The thing I will miss most in my personal perspective is Dave's abiding faith. He LIVED his beliefs. Dave Noren stood for something, even though he lived much of his life in a wheelchair. He was a strong man in spite of his body's frailties.

Dennis, my deep sympathy to you on the loss of your lifelong friend. Know that we are all thinking of the gift you gave to Dave every day and praying that your grief will be eased day by day by the very same God that Dave humbled himself before.

Dave will be present at every gathering of any number of this group. He is simply unforgettable.

Judy Halligan Willingham '66



___


Dave Noren who passed away last Sunday was the epitome of strength, courage and integrity. I know no better man. He is now beyond his suffering, thank God. Rock On Brother.


Richard Black
___










Dave and I worked on the Empehi News together for several years. Many years later at the reunions, I found him to be the same funny, kind, very bright person he was as a kid. At some point, when I found out that he had MS, I was heart sick. I know very well the challenges of living with MS. My mom had it and was in bed for 16 years before she died. My husband's brother-in-law has it. It is a very difficult, unending disease to live with.

And yet, it didn't change Dave. For this constancy of personality, I greatly admired him. It takes a great deal of effort to keep the best parts of yourself intact, when your neurological system is under assault every minute of every day. He had great strength and courage. I enjoyed his posts on this site and looked forward to seeing him again.

So now, in a year, I have lost a man I had dated, Paul Somerman, and a man I had worked with, Dave. It makes you think. The memories of them as teenagers remain vivid in my mind. I never dreamed that they would be gone so soon.

Ginny Michet Scanlan

__


How saddened I was to hear of the recent death of our classmate and good friend to so many.  Dave was a fun, witty, and sharp individual.  Dennis Carlson, sympathy to you especially, since you and Dave were special friends.

I still remember from the 2003 reunion when we went to the church service on Sunday Dave's special remarks to us.  He said, "  Life is for living forward "!


How right he was.  While we remember and mourn his passing we must keep going "forward" and live our lives to the best of our ability.  



Charlie Van Liere
__


I was not prepared to hear the news of Dave's passing on Monday morning through Dennis' email to us.

It was a shock to me to realize that Dave was no longer with us. But... he is in heaven .... and with that new "heavenly body" ...that will never know disease ...again ...EVER....

Am so glad I went to those pizza parties at Beggar's to enjoy Dave's laughter, the wit, and the knowledge he had from politics to D.J.'s and our music....and being a great friend to us all. He was an inspiration to me....to us all....

I learned alot from Dave as we all did.

I will miss Dave...lots...

Linda Larson Scalia


Crown Point.....

___


Dave, I thank God for your presence of friendship and camaraderie in life and livng with MS. Your sense of humor, courage and determination has left an lasting impression on me. I will miss you tremendously. 


Blessings - Rest now from your labors and receive your heavenly reward.


Cheryl L. Green
___


I love you Daddy


Mary Creston
___


R.I.P, Dave. You were a good man, and you improved with age under some very diffficult circumstances.


John Wason
__


R.I.P, Dave. Your courage, humor and zest for life despite all of its trials and tribulations was an inspiration to us all. We will remember you always, with love and respect.


Shelley Vahl Balicki 
___

Carol, Dave will be missed by a lot of people from Morgan Park. I'm confident that he is now resting peacefully. My sincere condolences to you and the rest of his family.


Marilyn Smithson Losik
__


I am truly sorry for your loss. My prayers will be with you and your family.


Marianne Gerwig
__ 


So sorry for your loss. He was our leader at our  M.S. Group. RIP Dave. We will all miss you.


Shirley Zacek