Monday, August 23, 2010

David Noren




David on June 18, 2010 at Beggers Pizza at one of the many MPHS Alum events he loved to organize and attend



David Noren Passed Away Suddenly


He was a fine man, and our classmate from Morgan Park High School, and will be missed. Karen Holck Ketterman is in the photo with David, our dear friend.














We will post info regarding services as it becomes available. You will be missed, Dave! 


Rest in Peace.

Julie Marschand
___

I am sorry to have to convey this message to you all, but our friend and fellow EMPEHI-ite, Dave Noren, has passed away, suddenly sometime today. Oh my goodness, what a shocker!! There aren't any details as yet. I'll pass along any news and updates when I receive them.

I wish there was more information that I could provide, other than I am sure going to miss him; his sense of humor, his wit, his cleverness, his astuteness when it came to politics & history, his smile and laughter; our "bad movie nights" and yes, our Beggar's Pizza gatherings; and so much, much more. You know, I never heard him once complain about his battling MS; oh, he would say he had this to do and that to do, but always in a positive manner. He never looked back, but always what tomorrows would bring. He was just a tremendous person filled with so much energy and life. We sure had a lot of great times together and on this past Friday, we were just talking about when the next "movie night and Beggar's get-together" should be.

Rest in peace old friend and I know you are in a better place, but the loss of your physical presence sure does hurt.

Dennis Carlson, class of ' 67.
__

Dennis,

I did not know Dave but over the years on the Reunion site I feel that I have gotten to know both of you and have enjoyed your posts. What I always will remember are the YouTubes that he shared of his daughter's singing group and the talent that she has. He had to be so proud. Sorry for your lost of a great friend and many memories.

My best,

Ron Veenstra

__

Beautifully put, Dennis, and I concur. Dave was a very special man and we are all richer for having known him. In fact, we are all here together on the Yahoo Empehi list because we knew him, and because he recognized the importance of our classmates continuing to interact as we aged. He was a moderator of this list since it was begun on February 9, 2002.

RIP poolmstr4@aol.com

Taffy Cannon, June '66
___

David Noren has passed today. We will always remember how brave he was, and most of all his wit. He was a true friend. and all of us from Morgan Park will greatly miss him. I’m sure all of us have great memories of Dave.

Karen Holck Ketterman
___


Dear Dave,

Gone are the days we used to share,

But in our hearts you are always there,

The gates of memory will never close,

We miss you more than anyone knows,

With tender love and deep regret,

We who love you will never forget.

God is who your with....

No more worries, no more pain,



No more any strength restrained.


You are with Him but we sense you near.


No one to replace the Dave we held dear.


We're going on without you,


But we shall be strong,


Like you were Dave,


All the year long.


Until we meet again, Dave,



In His Love, Julie

__


My condolences to Dave Noren's family and close friends.

Alan Engelberg
____












Well, Dennis, I was hoping that the subject line of your email was not to tell us of Dave's passing, but alas, my hopes were dashed. My heart goes out to you, my friend, because the suddenness of it expands the sense of loss as you most assuredly would have wanted to say goodbye.

I look at Dave's passing, just as I did my friend who passed away, as a gift to him from God, because certainly Dave deserved to "simply pass away", peacefully and in his own home, instead of laying in a hospital or nursing home with tubes and needles and whatever else might have been brought his way. And the greatest gift we can possibly give to him is to continue to talk about him with a smile on our face and lots and lots of laughter, which is how I saw Dave to be full of life and the simple joy of being here with us for as long as he was.

As I wrote in a poem years ago -

For when he came to be


There was no guarantee

Of the number of years he would stay.


So, if the love that you shared


Showed you he always cared


Then you are blessed forever and a day. 



Gee, I wonder who came to gather him up and "walk him" to heaven? When my father was laying in a hospital bed in his home, my mother heard him mumbling (he was in dementia) and went to ask him if he needed anything. He turned to her and said, "Fay is calling me", and then he passed away. My mother asked if knew who Fay was, and I did, of course. She was my Aunt Phyl's Aunt Fay, who had passed away about 5 yrs. before, and she just LOVED my Dad. So, you see, God sent Aunt Fay to "bring Dad home", and I have every reason to believe that perhaps they who loved him and preceded Dave in death were standing in line.

God speed, Dave, and we already know that you are "hearing" us all talk about you via this wonderful gift that you have left behind for us to share. You WILL BE planning the Beggars pizza parties for us all as we each arrive.
______


Oh my God! What a shocker! I always enjoyed Dave's post to this forum! I will keep his family in my prayers. Yes, he is in a better place, even though none of us appear to in a hurry to leave this side of Heaven!

Kay (January "65")
Kay F. Ward McDuffie, Ed. D





____


David was a fine man. We appreciate his civility and courage. And we thank him for his leadership in getting our MPHS classes connected again after many years.

We have set up a blog for remembrances and photos about David. Please send them to me and I will post. And I took some of the Facebook and Yahoo list comments and put them on the blog -
 please send any corrections or additions.
http://davidnoren.blogspot.com/

craighullinger@gmail.com